New prime retail/office accommodation in the heart of Sherborne, Church House. The building was built as a Church House in 1530-34 by the Churchwardens of All Hallows Parish. The building originally had a Church Hall on the first floor and a kitchen and some tenements (shops) on the ground floor. During the sixteenth century, the hall was used for church matters and also hired for public meetings, marriages and for the performance of plays. In 1693, the lease was taken over by the Masters and Brethren of the Almshouse. In 1701, the whole building was converted into 3 tenements. The date-stone "1701" with initials W S A which is near the east end is a reference to the tenancy of William Samson, apothecary, which began in that year. The property is available to view here.